We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will take about 60 minutes, and consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We will take Panorex X-rays and digital photos to assist us in accurate treatment planning, and then discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements.
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, how long it will take, and what the patient’s financial options are. Also, we will answer any additional questions, such as:
• Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
• Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
• What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
• Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
Dr. Yorita feels it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction, which is why our consultation follows our in-depth records analysis. If a treatment plan is decided upon, we will then schedule your next appointment to have your appliances placed.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
• Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
• If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.